Food Media: Digital Strategy Director, Recipe Website
This job posting is for an experienced digital content strategist (leadership position) specializing in food media and recipe websites who can build and engage a consumer audience.
Baldwin Publishing, a well-established health and food media company, is looking for an experienced Digital Strategy Director to build an online consumer audience for our healthy recipe brand.
The Digital Strategy Director will create and manage a content marketing model for a robust recipe website and apps. You’ll develop messaging and communications strategies that connect with a health-focused audience and advertisers. You will also manage the production and distribution of trending content for social media and email marketing campaigns.
Additionally, as Digital Strategy Director, you will drive the planning and launching of new digital content and food media, including recipes, articles, photos and videos. You will oversee a robust editorial calendar while working in collaboration with other team members to develop content that wows audiences and results in an exceptional online experience.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced digital strategist with a passion for food—especially healthy recipes. You not only understand audience engagement, but know how to develop food media and content people want. You’re not afraid to wear different hats (or aprons!) and are able to reimagine content strategy based on data-driven trends in consumer behavior.
Baldwin Publishing owns extensive recipe assets and powerful digital technology driven by a flexible content management system (CMS). Our stellar reputation for producing quality B2B health content for 30 years will open doors for sponsorship and advertising support of this new consumer-focused recipe product.
Essential Job Functions
- Develop and manage content strategy for an emerging brand to increase reach and drive audience engagement
- Analyze content metrics and user activity data regularly to validate or re-define content strategy
- Create and oversee a robust editorial calendar designed to meet content strategy objectives
- Oversee all areas of new content creation for digital platforms (website, apps, social media and newsletters)—plan, curate, assign, edit and manage development of recipes and food media content
- Manage a team of recipe developers, photographers, videographers, writers, editors and dietitians (full-time and freelance)
- Optimize, update and manage a vast archive of recipes, articles, images and videos within our proprietary content management system
- Work with marketing, sales and other teams to develop products in support of campaigns that drive audience acquisition and revenue goals
- Communicate progress on content strategy, content development and audience acquisition/retention to stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications and Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience creating and marketing digital food content
- Experience with digital content strategy and marketing
- Experience with recipe websites, apps and/or social media
- Experience with audience growth and engagement
- Experience with SEO, SEM and digital marketing techniques
- Experience with content management systems
- Experience with recipe development and testing
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organized and motivated self-starter
- Able to manage people and projects in a deadline-driven, growth-oriented environment, especially in a startup or entrepreneurial environment
- Familiarity with healthy food
- Willing to work onsite in our Bucks County, PA office (located between Philadelphia, PA and New York, NY)